Friday, June 02, 2006

Ice Cream Cheese Tarts

I had a bar of cream cheese in the fridge for quite sometime. It was reaching its expiry date soon so I decided to do something with it before it start molding. The problem is, ...I didn't know what to do with it. Most of the recipe I found needed more cream cheese so I decided to come up with something on my own. I ended up making ice cream cheese waffles.


Yam flavored ice cream.


Green tea ice cream.

The ice was a bargain. The big tub (Green tea) was RM6.99 I think, and with that I got the smaller tub for free! And the taste? Delicious! Taste wise, they were the best green tea and yam ice cream I have tasted. The texture of the ice could be improved though. But its good ice cream for only 6.88.



My ice cream cheese waffle ended up like ice cream cheese tarts. Here's how I made them.

Ingredients:
- 250g (1 bar) cream cheese, in room temperature
- 500g Oreo cookies
- 6 large scoops of ice cream
- few tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup of boiling water

Method:
1. Separate the cookie from the cream of the Oreo cookies. Smash the cookie part into crumbs and press it to a muffin\tart tin. Cover with a plastic sheet and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours. This will be tart base.
2. When tart base is ready, mix the cream of the Oreo cookies, cream cheese and ice cream together.
3. Pour in gelatin and mix for another 30 to 40 seconds.
4. Pour the mixture in the muffin\tart tin. Freeze for 3 hours.

To remove the tart from the tin, slide a butter knife on the side of the tart and pop it out. The tarts can be served with jam, fruit toppings or warm honey as dip. You can also keep them in containers (keep it in the freezer because it's ice cream) and server them later.

I did not add sugar for my ice cream cheese tart recipe because the ice cream I have used was already sweet. I didn't want to sweeten the tarts some more. You can add a little sugar while mixing the cream cheese if you want to. When choosing the ice cream, pick flavors that are not too strong. Flavors like chocolate will actually cover the cheese taste.

Since I was in the experimenting mood, I made something else. I broke flavored biscuits bite sticks into a pan and pour the remaining cream cheese mixture in. The outcome was a mess! hehehe




I used Trulie biscuit bite sticks almond crush. This white one is white chocolate with almond crush, tasted really good by itself. The strawberry and chocolate ones tasted just ok.

I froze the pan in the freezer with my tarts and was wonder what will be the results of biscuit bite sticks with the ice cream cheese mixture. It turned out ...like... erm.. well I don't know how to explain it. Maybe the word "failed experiment" should be the most suitable word. I ended up keeping the ice cream cheese thing in a container.


I later ate the layer of ice cream cheese with bread, making it into a sandwich. LOL! It tasted good!

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Feedbacks goes to : eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com.

3 pieces of worms:

wen

the ice cream cheese waffles looks super professional weii. and very deliciously edible too. what are you doing now btw?

teckiee

wen: hahahah tqtq. working already.. no more buming adi

Hijackqueen

One day we should get together and made something. Looks cute and yummy. I think my kids will love them.

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP