Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ma Tai Sou

It is always either the Heong Peng or the Tau Sar Peng. But this is my first time eating the "Ma Tai Sou" a type of Chinese pastry using water chestnuts.


The outer pastry was with many flaky layers. The filling in between the pastry taste quite unique. It was sweet, but salty, and had this weird fragrant to it. I still like the Heong Peng more but I think I should look out for this pastry. There should be other brands, nicer tasting brands maybe.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Feedbacks goes to : eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com.

3 pieces of worms:

Tummythoz

On a biscuit/pastry binge? :p

jadepearl

I came across your blog when I was searching for "how to wrap bak chang". You have a wonderful blog and I just love Msian food. Keep up the good work!

Hope you don't mind me linking you also. :)

teckiee

tummythoz: heheh ohhh wait till i post my "hiong peng" review up!

jadepearl: I'll link u too :) food lover are always welcomed

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP