Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Potatoes with minced meat

Other than potatoes chips, I really like fried potato slice with minced meat. I’m quite picky about the potatoes though. Many places, including economy rice aka mixed rice that sells this dish slice their potatoes too thick. The potatoes actually taste nicer and more fragrant when sliced thinner. The thinner the potatoes make it easier for the potatoes to turn golden brown too.



Ingredients:
- potatoes, in thin slices
- 3/4 tsp peppera
- 200g minced meat
- 2.5cm ginger, diced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- Few tbsp thick sweet sauce
- Few tbsp soya sauce

Method:
1. Mix ginger and pepper with minced meat. Put aside.
2. Fry sliced potatoes until golden brown and leave a side on a separate plate.
3. In the same pan fry garlic until fragrant.
4. Add thick sweet sauce and soya sauce. And stir until simmer.
5. Add minced meat and fry until semi cook.
6. Add the fried potatoes and continue to stir fry until minced meat is cooked.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

5 pieces of worms:

littleblackbook

thanks for the recipe. i love potatoes too.

teckiee

littleblackbook: you are welcome =)

Anonymous

teckiee, I love the idea how my huge spoon scooping up those pork meat :P Anyway, thanks for sharing, my mom used to cook this with leftover siu yoke, very delicious !! :)

jiaying

my mum loves cooking this when we ran out of meats and veggy... there's always potatoes! :p

teckiee

Anonymous: lol, i do the same... just feed that whole spoon of pork into my mouth!

jiayin: i guess its one one famous home dish =)

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP