Sunday, August 13, 2006

Restaurant Lorong Seratus Tahun

Penang food all in one house? Only a good idea if you can cook all that delicious Penang food and have it taste the same.


Lorong Seratus Tahun is one of those places where you can find most of the famous Penang food. Too bad the Penang food doesn't taste as good as Penang food cooked in Penang. I don't recommend this place to authentic Penang food lovers.







Left to right: Chin Chow, Long Ngan and Barli


This is the famous Penang style chili. A chili that didn't taste spicy to me. To me, it's like a red paste to thicken the soup.


Penang Curry noodles with Chu Hong (Cognated pig's blood). Ahhh one of the very few raw places in PJ that serves curry noodles with Chu Hong. You can get these every where in Penang but so darn difficult to find Chu Hong in PJ and KL. The curry was just so so. Pangkor's curry nice la. Rating: 6/10


This Char Queh Teow was one of those noodles that weren’t fried enough. The whole plate of noodles was too watery and not even fragrant. Rating: 4/10


Prawn mee. Disappointing dish. Lim Mee Yoke's prawn mee is wayyyy better. This prawn noodles I ate is like a mixture of the curry mee, prawn mee, and the Penang chilie. Very little prawn smell too. Rating: 5/10 If they rename it to Penang fusion laksa, then a rating of 7/10


Homemade tofu. I don't like it. It's just plain white tofu smashed with some vegetables then wrapped in Foo Choke and deep fired. Rating: 5/10


I think the prawn crackers were the best among all that I have tried in Lorong Seratus Tahun. And that wasn't even sold in their shop. A small boy was going from coffee shop to coffee shop selling this. Rating: 8.5/10

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

2 pieces of worms:

Tummythoz

Friends & I've been there once a couple of years ago & have never been back. -_-

teckiee

tummythoz: i dont think i'll go back too

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP