Monday, September 11, 2006

Peanut porridge

Peanut... pam pam pam, pam pam pam peanut, pam pam powww... HAHAHAHA ok, sorry. I just noticed that I can hum a song on text :P

Peanut porridge brings back really some of my happy childhood kindergarten memories. For the few years in kindergarten, I really enjoy lunch that they served. One of them was peanut porridge. I never liked eating peanuts back then but when it comes to peanut porridge, I always go for seconds.

...actually, I will eat the porridge and spit the peanut out.



Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of peanuts (with skin)
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup of ho see (dried oyster), chopped or whole.
- few pieces of scallops
- 1/5 cup of shredded dried sotong (squid)

Method:
1. Boil water and rinse peanuts. Add peanuts into the boiling water and boil for two to three hours in low fire until peanuts turn soft.
2. Rinse rice, sotong, scallops and ho see and add to the boiling water. Boil in low fire until rice cooked until burst.
3. Add salt and pepper and mix.

You can add broccoli and carrots for more colour. You can also then separate the broccoli and carrots and smash them up and then remix to the porridge to feed your child. Babies love it!

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

5 pieces of worms:

cookies_cream

One of my favourites when I was little. My cousin's grandma used to cook peanut minced meat porridge with chopped carrots. Very very delicious as I added lots of pepper. =)

Tummythoz

A comfort dish on a cold rainy night. Sometimes I add a hard boiled salted egg when the porridge is almost done.

wen

my fave! esp with pork ribs.

was just thinking to postpone my flight. coming to your site always makes me wanna go home earlier. :p

teckiee

cookies_cream, tummythoz: My grandma makes a combination of both. She adds marinated minced meat (sugar, soya sauce and corn flour) and then crack salted egg s in.

teckiee

wen: hahahah ...let me know when you are back, i'll cook dinner for you and jk

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP