Friday, December 08, 2006

Portuguese Egg Tart

Lucky lucky! I guessed it right!

I can make them myself cos Bee Yin of Rasa Malaysia posted her recipe too! Weee! Don't they look soooo handsome?!



I was craving for them so I bought some from King's Confectionary. I'm not a big fan of egg tarts since young but when King's Confectionary made the Portugies egg tart famous in the Klang Valley, I have been crazy over them.


Droollssss~

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

7 pieces of worms:

tigerfish

any branch in Singapore?by chance?

Rasa Malaysia

Oh man, I have the fake homemade one going on and you are seducing me with the real ones...aiyo...so cruel. WMW also said she was going to buy from this King's place. Looks very yummy!

By the way, the first picture you posted is broken...I think you had the wrong URL...

Anonymous

Oh man, I have the fake homemade one going on and you are seducing me with the real ones...aiyo...so cruel. WMW also said she was going to buy from this King's place. Looks very yummy!

By the way, the first picture you posted is broken...I think you had the wrong URL...

teckiee

rasa malaysia: eh but your homemade anytime more "ho liau" than the once sold in shops.

Fixed the link. Thanks!

Rasa Malaysia

I was having problems with posting comments on your site and I kept hitting submit submit submit and now your comments box is filled with my spam! Could you please delete the duplicates?

Lee Ping

Dear Teckiee,

Perfect post for my upcoming attempt in making Siew Pao. I hopped over to your link for Rasa Malaysia and read her recipe on Portuguese Egg Tarts.

Great short cut for the pastry, using Betty Crocker pie crust mix. I will get a box later.

p/s Taste wise, what is the difference between Portuguese Egg Tart and the Dim Sum Egg Tart?

teckiee

Lee Ping: Check out RM's lates post on Portuguese Egg Tart (http://www.rasamalaysia.com/2007/05/mini-portuguese-egg-tarts-and-bloggers.html)
Taste wise nothing much for me. You can taste more egg in the Dim Sum Egg Tart. Texture wise the Dim Sum Egg Tart's egg is smoother. The Portuguese Egg Tart is also smooth, but it has the "tofoo that is over boiled" texture. The Portuguese Egg Tart is flaky.

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP