Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tomato egg rice

Tomatoes again....

I am getting really bored by making bolognaise sauce with fresh tomatoes, so I decided to make something else. My grandma used to make egg rice for me and my siblings while she was baby sitting us when we were young. I made the tomato egg rice using her egg rice technique.

Highly recommended for lazy cooks. HEHEHE ;p


Cook your rice in a rice pot. When your rice is almost or just done, crack one or a few eggs into the rice. Mix the rice with your rice scoop until the eggs are mixed and cooked.

You can throw in your other ingredients if any. I dumped my tomatoes in. You can also add steamed baby corn, carrots, peas (in a pod) and if you are adventures enough, try putting fruits like banana, guavas or mangos.

Added soya sauce and pepper and mixed it again. Closed the cover and let it heat for 10 minutes. If you are using the old manual rice cooker, just press down the cook button to heat.

The rice is done and ready to serve after that. You can top it up with spring onions or parsley and a few drops of sesame oil.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

0 pieces of worms:

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP