Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy meal @ Jalan Hang Lekir


Who says we all can only enjoy a Happy Meal in McDonalds? There's another Happy Meal along Jalan Hang Lekir =)


Happy Meal is a pastry shop at one of the corner shop along Jalan Hang Lekir. In case you have gotten a D- in geography like me, Jalan Hang Lekir is near the Pasar Seni LRT station. From the station, take the route out and walk along the road where you see a bank (Maybank I think). Futher up are fruits stalls on the left and many many flower shops on the right. That is Jalan Hang Lekir.


Happy Meal sells variety of Chinese pastry. Pineapple tart, coconut tarts, butter cupcakes and pound cake, durian tarts and puffs!


Since the first day I have been eyeing on this egg tart, but I just don't know why I didn't bring myself to buy them until just recently. The tart crust looked really hard, and felt hard when I hold them to my mouth, but surprisingly the crust crumbled in my mouth easily. Not bad... the egg filling was ok too. (RM1)


Ahh look at the rounded cute little durian puff. I could have 20 of these puffs all to myself. Really good stuff! (RM0.60 a piece)

I think from now onwards I would never give the pasties here a miss.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

14 pieces of worms:

Tummythoz

This place new? Didn't notice it d last time I went around there for flowers.

boo_licious

wow, look at those stuffed durian puffs....yum yum! Thxs for the tip, Teckiee.

team bsg

think there are some oldies specials here along this and side roads. no no not the ah fooks !Plse report after action TQ

Big Boys Oven

Happy meals...cool... Oppsss their photos still inside my computer!...lol... the chef is William Tan and co owner Shirley...they are really really nice people. William Tan is good friend of mine also a great pastry chef and Shirley assist him in kitchen. I love their coconut tart. Their cakes can also be found at E'sprit cafe at Pavilion,KL

wmw

Please tah pau! Can take orders? hahaha...

teckiee

tummythoz: I dont think so. I think they are low profile only lo.

boo: yeahh they are good. I just bought a little to try but instantly regret.

BSGs: heh... what specials you referring to?

BBO: OHHHHHHHH then I'll be heading to E'sprit cafe soon.

wmw: hahahah cannn no problem

ilovepearly

It does look good, I always like to snack on little of everything but i'll skip the durain puffs :P

boo_licious

no wonder they look the same as I saw them at the Esprit Cafe yesterday!

Ginger

yup! ive tried them before. their durian puff's very good!

teckiee

ilovepearly: hehehe not a durian fan? I think I'll try the coconut tart that BBO recommends. I dont like coconut tarts but let me see if I like this one.

ginger: what else have you tried? what else is good?

jason

Shall drop by to try their pastries when I'm around the area next time.

teckiee

jason: go look got the old lady selling muachi too.... got a lot of flavors

Big Boys Oven

Did you mention mauchi?....lol.... definitely lots of flavors...opsssss!

teckiee

BBO: ...hahaha as i read...i just notice the typo. Its mua chi rite? not Mau chi (toilet roll....)

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP