Friday, October 19, 2007

Garlic Bread

Have been busy again. Don't have time to update!

Anyway, a quick post on garlic spread. I never buy garlic spread when I learn to make my own. Taste wise so much better compared to the ones sold in the supermarket.



Ingredients;
- butter
- finely chopped garlic
- salt
- a few dash of powdered oregano
- a few dash of dried oregano flakes
- a few dash of dried parsley
- a few dash of chili flakes, without the seeds (optional)

1. Mix all the ingredients well.

A few tips. a. Pick the more expensive butter. I like using Lurpark, but Anchor works as well, any cheaper the garlic spread don't taste as nice. I usually mix half a slab of butter, sometimes one whole slab. Saves me time when I want garlic spread. Keeps in the fridge for 3 to 4 months.

b. Don't use a food processor to chop your garlic. It will take out all the juices.

c. Add the salt pinch by pinch. Taste and stop when it is salty enough for your taste.

d. Add more powdered oregano is you like a stronger smell. The chili flakes will added sweetness to your butter, not spiciness. And remember not to be overly stingy with you dash those herbs and spices in.

Picking the bread;
a. Use the French loaf if you want a harder crust, but soft bread in the middle.

b. Use fluffy buns (like hot dog buns) if you want a all round crunchy and loose feeling to your bite.

c. Use potato bread to get the harder crunch if you find the fluffy buns are not to your taste.

d. Use normal sandwich bread, especially the whole meal types to get really horrible toasted garlic bread.

Baking;
a. If you want the crust to be crunchy, but the inside soft, sprinkle water on the crust before wrapping in the aluminum foil. Bake for 7 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C. Open the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.

b. For fluffy and potato bread, I like my whole bread crunchy. I usually sprinkle water and bake for 4 minutes with the foil closed. Then 10 minutes with the foil open.

c. Basically the water makes the crust crunchier. The longer you keep the foil closed, the softer in inside of the bread. The longer you have the bread exposed, the harder the bread gets.



RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

9 pieces of worms:

Big Boys Oven

look so nice so nice one, please give us some ! :)

"Joe" who is constantly craving

does indeed looks very simple to make..yes i m quite a sucker for those prepared ones..

Keropok Man

how much garlic do u put in?
when we make, we put in LOTS and LOTS of garlic. haha..

but we use the food processor. blend first batch finely, then second batch very coarse, then stir them into slightly melted butter. ;-)



p/s we got colleague who cant stand eating indian food mah, they said everything is mushy mushy, we told them it is not true, but they refuse to eat. haha....

beachlover

Nice recipe:)arrrrrr..it's you use yellow cheese on the top?.

daphne

hehe.. hey! I'm the same! I rarely buy any garlic bread. Will try adding chilli flakes next time-I haven't thought of that before! Someone told me to add sugar too and for some reason it did give it an extra kick... =)

Precious Pea

How come you never do it for us that day?? Sob Sob Sob!

ilovepearly

I like making my own garlic bread as well.... :P

teckiee

BBO: I make the garlic spread for you la. You oven will make better bread that mine ;p

Joe: Yupp easy peasy

Keropokman: I usually use the whole pulp for the whole slab of butter.

beachlover: Thats normal cheddar cheese. No need to put also can. Garlic bread is nice by itself. Yum yum.

daphne: I think put dried yellow capsicum even nicer.. but I have to idea how to dry a capsicum.

P.Pea: heheh this one back log post ma

ilovepearly: Give me 5!

jimmy choo

nice articel in,

full of information. Hope will see more interesting article by you in future. anyway you also can submit your article into www.timestreets.com for free or any article directory to promote your article.
nice experience here. wish your luck

Iklan Times- Iklan Percuma - Online Trading - Times Ads

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP