Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Pork UFO with hashed browns


Guess where I got the basil flower from...


My garden!

Anyway, just another short for today. My brain is running out of juice. I desparately need my dose of sweet stuff to kick me back to the right dimension.

Ingredients for hashed browns;
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbs of crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- fresh basil

Method;
1. Chop the garlic and fry until fragrant before you throw in the diced potatoes.
2. Pour 3/4 cup of water, or just enough to cover the whole area of the sauce pan. Close the sauce pan with a lid and let the potato simmer until dry. Repeat this step again.
3. Add in salt, black pepper, dried oregano and thyme leaves. Stir and add fresh basil. Serve on a plate.

Ingredients for Pork UFO
- 300g minced pork
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/5 tsp yeast extract (Marmite)

1. Marinade minced pork for about 20 minutes with a sugar, garlic, ginger and yeast extract.
2. Shape the meat into tablespoon sized round saucers.
3. Heat pan and melt butter. Fry until golden brown.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

17 pieces of worms:

KampungboyCitygal

teckiee is gettin porkylicious lolzzz..glad tat im home, easy access to pork anytime any meal..

babe_kl

simple but fantabulous plus easy too, my kind of recipe of keeps ;-) thanks girl

daphne

the pork ufos look so juicy girl! Nice pairing with the hashed browns. Love the use of fresh basil (one of my fav herbs!)

Big Boys Oven

I wonder what does UFO stands for?... maybe I am slow tonite....lol.
Oh by the way I will be coming over very soon to ransack your garden....lol...
This UFO thingy looks so nice.... looks like your cooking skills are getting better and better each day. I got to recommend your boss to put you on call for a month or more....lol! hehehehhe

wmw

Aiyah, if you are stuck at home, you don't have to eat these alone mah (apart from your parents being there), can call the floggers staying near you. ;o)

The Cooking Ninja

When I read Pork UFO, I did a double read :) They look delicious. :) I'm so with you on the sweet fix. I finally had mine and I feel so good. hehehe

teckiee

KampungboyCitygal: hahahah but i cannot be eaten ;p

babe kl: ahhh contribute one recipe.. but I have already a lot of your bakes recipe hehe

BBO: Unidentified Flying Object la dude. But in this case... just pork...LOL. Yeah sure... give me a ring earlier so I can cut for you.

wmw: hahahahaha ok i get the hint :p

cooking ninja: LOL... my friend who saw the pic actually named it UFO.

Jackson

OK. This Thursday! Thx wt a big hugs

jason

I can just have potatoes as side dish. Potato fans here!

teckiee

jackson: ...hehhh ok la.. i'll try to make something.. but if work duty calls.. some other time lo... like when I get my own kitchen ;p

jason: LOL! dont eat until become dai fan chui enuff already :p~

Precious Pea

I WANT TO TRY!!!

boo_licious

LOL - I like the name of the dish. Pork UFO!

teckiee

p.pea: i really must find one day and cook a whole pork meal. but wait la.. must improve the recipe 1st. then only dare let u all try ;p

boo: hehehe a friend named it.. i just cook

team bsg

that is really chunky hunky toppings of a Xtra high order

teckiee

BSGs: hahahhah I could have it higher if I wanted to ;p

fatboybakes

pork UFO? unidentified fatty object?
recipe sounds yummy. jackson cant eat la, got marmite. (marmite got beef right? or is that bovril)

teckiee

FBB: LOL! I got to use UFO more often ;p Marmite is vegetarian, Bovril from beef.

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP