Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Really blue blue cheese

If blue cheese a moldy cheese, how will one know if it's really moldy until it is not edible?

Well, this... is blue cheese you don't want to eat.

I think I exposed my blue cheese to some water before I kept it. I didn't eat it for a week or so. When I wanted to have it with my ceaser salad, I notice the cheese had something funny on top. White and furry. The same fungus that grew here.

That's when I knew I had to throw the cheese away.


Being me, I continued to keep the cheese covered in the fridge to see how the mould grows.


The whole top layer was bluey greenish. The moldy part inside of the cheese grew a darker green color and was a little dried and hard.

The taste... well... good!

...hahaha I was just joking :p I think I'll end up in the hospital if I tasted it.

RSS me at : http://feeds.feedburner.com/eatfirstthinklater
Email me at eatfirstthinklater@gmail.com or
Drop me a message here =)

21 pieces of worms:

mimi

OMG!! I almost pengsan when i saw ur so called "blue cheese".....

Kok

teckiee,
I wanna vomit my lunch out looking at this mouldy cheese! Looks so gross! Is this another food review? hahaha!

Tummythoz

U mean there's difference between old moldy blue cheese & fresh moldy blue cheese?

teckiee

mimi: hahahaha blue rite?

kok: informative what hehehe i hope you didnt reallt vomit

"Joe" who is constantly craving

good community service..nxt time i know when i shud not eat my cheese!

Jason

Erk....

Big Boys Oven

I think can still leh! lol!

Hazza

It was only yesterday when I took out a bag of lychees from my fridge completely covered with exactly the same substance!

wmw

Sigh...you ah! Come on, I know you taste a bit of it...cos that's so you! LOL!

beachlover

don't try it once you see the fungus!!.it's bad to your tummy!!..Anyway,pls drop by and claim your award:))

Nic (KHKL)

very informative post...have you thrown the cheese away? perhaps i can use some to feed the darn crows near my house...hehehe...

ling239

walao eh... u growing fungus in the fridge ah ? :p
hahahaaa... din know it can become that way ~

JOjo

muahaha...Cant help but to laugh at ur "blue cheese".
It should be called "mao mao" cheese instead meaning lots of fur...Haah!

ai wei

ikkksss...

i once had an experiece on fungus growing with the shredded cheese.
sakit hati lar... cannot eat after that. cheese is not cheap!

durianberry

Lol, conducting a science experiment? Happened to my cheddar cheese block but I just scrap off the mould and taste it.. turns out ok and I use it in my pasta ;P

daphne

haha.. i can't believe u kept it and see how it grows! Gross!

teckiee

tummythoz: hahahahahah i have no idea. but this one i grew.. was exposed to moisture.

joe: hahaha glad to help out the foodie community LOL

BBO: harr still can meh.. looks like that already... late kena food poisoning leh.

Hazza: aiyorrr wasted the lychees

wmw: HAHAHAHA i didn't this time. I had one too many tummy aches already.

beachlover: no la.. look at it ..so geli.. i dont even dare to sniff it too much

Nic: hahahaha thats evil!

ling239: I think i need my own fridge to carry out experiments ;p I had to make sure I closed the lid tight and double wrap it.. was afraid the mold "spora-spora" will spread to the other food.

jojo: hahaahahahahaha wait.. im sure anything that mold because of moisture will have that fur fur thing.. i'll name my next one mao mao.

ai wei: hey, durianberry just said crape the part and you can still have the block of cheese!

durianberry: hmmm i didnt dare eat mine.. really molding badly.

daphne: :P hehehe curiosity kills the cheese

mimi

luckily i didnt c worm crawling :(

Simon Seow

Maybe you can try cutting off the moldy part. Kekeke. Food poisoning cheh mah, sai mutt gang ah.

wonda

Hi,
I am wmw's blogger friend. Heard from her that you went to Hanoi by Air Asia. Need some info. from you on where to visit and how to get around there if travel by Air Asia. Would you please kindly email me at my address on my blog? Thanks.

J2Kfm

wah ...yummy mouldy cheese... haha
wonder how they control the 'rotting' process and determine til what level only inedible.

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP