Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hadhramout Restaurant


The first thing that caught my eye were the lights and hung from the ceiling at Hadhramout. Ain't that beautiful? I love the shadows that the light makes on the ceiling too.

Hadhramout Restaurant is located at Lot 787A, Chulan Square, Jalan Raja Chulan (03-2142 2744) and serves Yemeni cuisine. When Jason asked if I wanted to tag along for this review... of course I said Yes!


The Kebbeh came first.


Minced lamb with a mixture herbs and spices which tasted really good. Deep fried on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside.


The shrimp cocktail was overflowing with thousand island... I was afraid the sauce will fall off the edge when I angeled the bowl to take pictures ;p


The shrimp had a really strong shrimp smell to it. Reminded me of the dried mini shrimps (Har Mai/Heh Bee)I can find back in Pangkor.


The mixed grill of lamb and chicken was interesting. Different cuts of the lamb were used. Different row of meat is marinated differently. I did find the meats a little too dry for my liking. Folks in Yemeni like their meat well done?


Fattoosh! HAHAHA! Sounds really cool! Fattoosh is the salad mix in the middle. (anti clock wise) Pea and carrot salad, Baba Ghanouj (Egg plant dip), hummos (Chick pea dip), coleslaw, Tehenah (TOTALLY LOVE THIS...but I have no idea what this is. Fermented goat's milk yogurt?) and the last I don't know the name.


*waves the wand* Fattoosh! HAHAHAHAHA! ok.. sorry, I sedang SYOK sendiri ;p (I'm amusing myself)


The Baba Ghanouj dip was quite nice.


But the Tehenah was nicer! I can see myself having this with naan for breakfast every morning.


The freshly made naan bread.

Email me at eatfirstthinklater[at]gmail[dot]com or
Drop me a message here =)

13 pieces of worms:

J2Kfm

haha... Fattoosh to you too! :)
most of the unpronouncable names of the dishes had me tongue-tied.
seldom go for middle eastern food.
is it expensive?

Lyrical Lemongrass

I love the various dips....so delicious!

mimid3vils

I can see the naan bread was different with what we have at mamak. (got green layer in the middle)

Big Boys Oven

This looks so evil! How can I not resist all this temptation! lol!

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora

Looks all the same to me these mid eastern food, we get the same dishes here when we go to a turkish or morrocan resturant - very delicious though.

~Christine~Leng

the minced lamb looks good! :)
is this place new? ;P

ling239

the minced lamb looks yummy... is this a starter ?

Cokeworld Citizen

lol...fattosh here fattosh there fattosh everywhere XD

looks good. you had this after petrol price hike to RM2.70 or before?

Heya so what's the answer for the unidentified balls u makan? Apart from cow's balls it also looked like mushrooms. 1 cow dun have so many balls rite? XD wahahaha!

jason

LOL, you're still under Fattoosh's spell!

Kenny Mah // Life for Beginners

Hadn't had some Middle Eastern fare in awhile... you just reminded me what I'm missing! ;)

joycy

That is a cuisine I haven't tried before. Ewww ... 'lovely' pictures at the side.

daphne

ahh.. all those kebabs and spices! I love the variety of dips that u mentioned.

teckiee

j2kfm: hahahaha Fattoosh Fattoosh! We just need wine or something to go with it hahaha.

ll: yeah!!

mimid3vils: green layer? hmmmm yours vege naan or what?

BBO: Evil? hahah theres no evil

Mush: I think the cooking style are quite same? Esp the herbs and spices used.

Christine: They opened in Jan this year.

Ling239: Yup the started. But I think this one I can have many more as main.

Cokeworld Citizen: hahahah way before ...when gas is cheaper than a bottle of coke

jason: I am! I went to Bukhara in KLCC cos I miss the mid eastern food so much.

kenny: hey i think you will like Hadhramout's open area... they have shisha too if you smoke them.

joycy: hehehe sorry that you Ewww'ed

daphne: Eh you know how to make the dips? I love them too!

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP