Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sate Kuda

So it was an easy guess. Sate kuda... aka BBQ'ed marinated horse meat.


Telaga Warna, Dieng plateau.

It was our second last day in Jogja. We spent our time becoming typical tourist visiting the Borubudor temple and the Dieng plateau. After the long day, we decided that it was time to have something the typical tourist wouldn't. Our taxi driver took us to a famous place street where the local Indonesians go for Sate Kuda.


There is this street near the railway station in Jogya which is full of Satay Kuda stalls. (I can't remember the street name but thank you to pictures! The street name is Jalan Jend Sudirman) The taxi driver mentioned that most of them tasted the same because all of the stay stick are pre-marinated by the same company and distributed to all the stalls.


Satay kuda was sold at 10,000rp for 5 sticks with rice. The texture was tougher than beef... didn't quite like it. I don't think I'm a fan of horse meat. I remembered I had Ba Sashi (horse meat) at a Nonbei and it took me ages to chew on the meat.

Email me at eatfirstthinklater[at]gmail[dot]com or
Drop me a message here =)

8 pieces of worms:

Nat

GASP!!! How could you!! >.<

Poor horsey...

Imagine... turning horses into meat source. I can't quite accept that reality. =(

Hazza

I would definitely try horse if I had the chance! Must surely not be too different to venison.

mimid3vils

feel disgusting ler.... =.="

Bangsar-bAbE

You must have had quite a jaw workout! =P

NyonyaChef

Huh ! At first I thought you were joking only,...so was it good ?

teckiee

Nat, mimid3vils: ...horse 4 legs.. cow also 4 legs.. same la :p

Hazza: Hmmm...come to think of it, the texture kind of reminds me of venison.

Bangsar-bAbE: Actually, I did!

NyonyaChef: LOL... i'm quite a serious person when it comes to food :p .. it was ok..so so

nicolas yongco jr

"I don't think I'm a fan of horse meat." - Me too either...

wall clock

wall painting

clock Singapore

Simon Seow

Nonbei got horse meat? Now only I know.

  © Template by Emporium Digital 2008

TOP